Friday, April 15, 2011

Remembering Grandma

We got the sad news yesterday that Grandma had passed, it had been a long, tough road for her these past few years.  She really was such a fun Grandma, I have nothing but pleasant memories.  I am sad that Wyatt will not know in this life what a kind and loving Grandma she was.  I can't wait to see her again and I hope she knows how much she is loved and will be missed.

 What I remember loving most about Grandma Jean
-She always remembered holidays and birthdays, and made sure on those days you felt special
-She really made an effort, even after she became ill, to attend meaningful events in your life
-She loved being around the grand kids and great grand kids
-She had a wicked sense of humor, we always giggled together about "sick" things
-Her laugh was contagious
-She tried to get mad at you if you went too long without calling her
-She wasn't a good cook, so she always took you out to lunch or dinner
 and most of all...
-I loved her kind and loving heart, she truly wanted the best for all her grand kids.

2 comments:

  1. What kind and tender words Kelly!

    Remember she told us when she got to heaven. . . "Don't make me work too hard!" refering to taking the special attention needed to watching out for each one of her grandkids and great grandkids.

    Let's all try to not make her work too hard!

    ReplyDelete