Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Weekend

We were at the craft store the other day to get some last minute projects done before little Luke arrives and I saw some chocolate molds.  Hey Mom remember when we used to do these?  The nostalgia got the best of me and I bought a car chocolate/pretzel stick mold.  I got the chocolate there, but of course they didn't have the pretzels, and I wasn't making a trip to the store, so Wyatt and I made them without  the pretzels.  I think he had a good time!  Who needs pretzels?

Daddy and Wyatt wearing their green for the St. Patrick's Day Parade.  We got some breakfast that day then headed out on seriously one of the coldest days in years.  I really had to get us all bundled up in winter gear, it even hailed at our house, unheard of in San Diego!  We were troopers though and braved the storm.

I can barely zip my coat over the belly.  Wyatt loved all the firetrucks.

One of our favorites every year, the re-creation of Iwo Jima. 

Tradgedy strikes the parade route.  Just after this picture was taken one of the miniature horses fell over, knocking an older man out of the wagon it was pulling and on top of the horse.  It took a good ten minutes for the horse to get back on its feet.  It was scary I thought they were going to need to haul the horse off, what a sight for the kids to remember huh?  But finally they got him on his feet and everyone cheered, tradgedy averted.

This was hilarious...what is it?  I think they were trying to advertise this bar cycle which you can rent for fun with your friends.  It did not look like fun, they were working so hard and it was BARELY a hill they had to ride up!

Wyatt found an old guitar at Pop Pop's house that Daddy used to play with.



Wyatt playing guitar and singing with us at Pop Pop's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment