Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Dreaded Cry-Out, Night 1

For the past couple of months Wyatt has been waking up at 1:30 a.m., 3:30 a.m., and 5:30 a.m. Each time I have been feeding him and changing his diaper. It hasn't been until the past couple of weeks that I've realized he is barely eating and his diaper doesn't need to be changed so much. So with my strength gathered from friends and family who have done the deed, I summoned all I had to experiment last night. He went to bed at 8:00 p.m., then woke around 1:30 a.m., I just gave him his pacifier and he went right back to sleep. He then woke at 3:15 a.m., I tried to give him his pacifier, he wouldn't have it. He cried from 3:15 a.m. to 3:45 a.m. Honestly I expected worse from him. I just kept rubbing his belly, trying to give him the pacifier, but never picked him up. He then slept until 5:30 a.m. when I fed him. It was great. Let's see tonight if it goes easier. Maybe with some lucky this little guy will be sleeping through the night by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment