Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Earthquake, a lesson learned, & a little help from the ancestors

Recently I have been interested in doing some geneology, so I have been on the computer trying to input names into a pedigree and finding out more about our ancestors. On Wednesday I was busy in the back room working on the computer and I had Wyatt out front in the living room in his bouncer. I just had a thought that I should move him in the room with me. Normally I would never do this because he was out there happily bouncing away watching "Go Diego Go" and moving that big bouncer is a real pain in the butt. So something, or should I say someone, made me get up and go get him and the bouncer. I moved them in the back room and just as I set him down to bounce, an earthquake hit. This one was 5.4, but fairly close to us, it lasted just a few seconds, but was really jarring. Sure enough, I heard a terrible crash and Bella came running in the room. We had mounted my surfboard on the wall high up in the living room and that came down right where Wyatt and his bouncer had been. I am so grateful I listented to that voice that urged me to go and get Wyatt. The crash scared everyone and he started to cry, I just held him tight and thanked the Lord for my beautiful little baby.

4 comments:

  1. so scary (but a sweet story). i have goosebumps :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, WOW! I am so glad for that too. I am so glad you guys are ok! Scary. I can not beleive how big your boy is getting, looks like such a fun stage. I would love to come visit someday too! Maybe Wes can even try and get a fellowship in San Diego for a year!I would love that! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a memorable story to share with family and friends. Thank goodness for the blessing we receive everyday and for our ancestors watching over us. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! That is crazy!! Im so glad that everything went the way it did and you had the feeling to move Wyatt. Im glad everyone is okay.

    ReplyDelete