Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving in Utah

We were able to spend a whole week vacationing over Thanksgiving, it was wonderful.  We started off our trip by flying into Vegas.  Mimi and Tia met us at the airport and we head to the Hard Rock Hotel.  Kevin and I had plans to see Garth Brooks that night, while Mimi and Tia babysat Wyatt.  Kevin and I ate at a very fancy Italian restaurant in the Encore hotel right before the show.  The show was amazing, Garth did a tribute to all the artists who inspired him and his music, it was very personal, and at the end he even took requests from the small audience.  Wyatt enjoyed the night with Mimi and Tia and we enjoyed the night by ourselves!

Once we got to St. George we decided to head up to Zions the next day.  It was freezing cold, luckily I had my parka, Kathleen loaned me some gloves and Wyatt was all bundled up like he's never been before.

A view from the bridge crossing over from the lodge to the Emerald Pools hike.

Here are the girls and one little burritoed guy, we made it!

Kevin took a picture of this buck hiding in the snowy woods.

The next day we went to visit Grandma Jean and Grandpa Kay.  Both Wyatt and Sammy loved the long, steep stairs...dangerous.

Four generations of magic.

All the sisters and the babies, Jamie and Sammy, Kim and Cooper, and Me and Wyatt.  When other kids are involved, Wyatt doesn't look at the camera, he's too busy checking out his cousins.  I don't know what my excuse is.

This was hilarious, check out Mimi's face.  Wyatt loved the marshmallow, Mimi did not.


Showing off Tuachan, but it was so cold!

Hiking in Snow Canyon, notice again how cold I am.

Enjoying the views with my baby.

Just the daddies and the babies, once again, Wyatt is wondering what Sammy is doing.

Playing at the park with Grandma Dana.  He loves tunneling.

My mom rented this beautiful cabin in Pine Valley for us to enjoy for Thanksgiving, it had lots of room for everyone to play and enjoy themselves.

Heading out for a walk in Pine Valley in the blistering cold.

Cooper and Wyatt playing at the cabin.


The cabin had a ping pong table that everyone enjoyed.  My mom and I were the worst players, so we decided to have a show down, and boy was it ever a show, Kevin was laughing so hard while filming us.  I love how uncoordinated we both are, like mother like daughter!  And by the way when did everyone learn to play ping pong so well?


 
Wyatt also did a lot of walking with help from everyone.  I feel like any day he is going to take off on his own, I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. great pictures.

    sammy loves those little tunnel tubes at the park too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo sad I didn't get to see you :( but looks like you guys had a great COLD time! I just want to squeeze that lil guy Wyatt is so dang ADORABLE! Love his fuzzy hair.. & picture with Santa is CLASSIC
    Love ya girl - one of these days we will get to see each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure had fun in the cold! I can't wait to see Wyatt again. That video clip of him, walking with Carley makes we want to give him a big squeese too!

    The video clip of me & you is too crazy! Where did we ever get our talent from??? Tell Kevin, thanks for filming the champs of ping pong!

    ReplyDelete