Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wyatt and Daddy Weekend

While Kelly was in Las Vegas hanging out with the girls, Wyatt and Daddy got to hang out and have some fun.  Some nice little photos from a cell phone camera.

I took Friday afternoon off and we headed over to SeaWorld which is always a good time.  We watched the dolphins for a long time.  I think a couple of them might have waived back at Wyatt.


Wyatt's favorite food for the weekend was definitely meatballs, most of which ended up in his mouth, but a fair share on his face and hands.


The weather was gorgeous so we actually headed over to the beach in Coronado both Sat and Sun.


The water is still very cold but he had fun walking right to the edge and then scooting back if a wave got too close.


He had fun playing with someone else's sand castle after they left.  Okay, he pretty much tore it down.


An extra bonus was that one of the Navy Blue Angels jets was in town doing maneuvers with some other jets and they were flying right over our head as they came in to land at North Island NAB.  Wyatt and I absolutely loved the awesome show.


On Sun morning we decided to walk across the I-163 bridge to see the people running the Rock n Roll marathon down below.  I told Wyatt I was thinking about running it sometime in the next 5 years, maybe for my 40th birthday (40, really?).  Hopefully he is too young to remember that.


The roads were closed going into Balboa Park due to the marathon so I had to snap a photo when it was so empty.




We finished up our Sunday adventure at Spanish Landing park and Harbor Island.  Don't worry, he was only on this crazy little jungle gym long enough to catch a photo with the water and the paddleboarders behind him.


Harbor Island is such a nice walk along the bay, with the city in the background and lots of different boats going by, including this beautiful sailboat.  Hey Wyatt, remind me you to tell you about my brief, unimpressive, yet comedic few weeks when I was on a sailing team in San Diego.  Thanks for the great weekend Wyatt.




No comments:

Post a Comment