Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Birthdays

It seems like with Luke being born in April now, I have a lot of family April birthdays to celebrate.  Luke's, Kevin's, Caden's, Andy's, Mom's and Kim's (technically hers is in May, but its so early on and close to Mom's, that I consider it April).  As I was thinking about birthdays this week, Mom's, Andy's, and Kim's, it made me think of funny stories about each of them.

Mom:  It's a classic story that Kim and I personally witnessed.  One afternoon in the grocery store we were trying to get some shopping done quickly, we decided to split up.  Mom was trying to tell Kim and I to go get something on an aisle over.  She kept saying "pop" "pop", over and over, frantically making weird hand expressions, so frantic in fact, she looked as though she was having a seizure.  Finally we figured out she wanted us to go get some popcorn, but couldn't remember the name and was trying to act it out.  Hilarious.

Andy:  I don't know why this story comes to mind, but it's the first of two I thought of.  We were moving and for some reason Andy and I were driving with my uncle Bernie in the Uhaul.  First off, we do not spend much time with this uncle and barely know him.  We stopped along the way at a truck stop to get gas and snacks, Bernie said we could get what we wanted.  I picked one candy bar.  Andy comes to the check out with a bag of beef jerky, soda, chips, and a candy bar.  Really Andy?  I was SO embarassed.  His response was "what, he said get what we wanted!"  Second story, my mom took us to the Maverick to get a treat, we could pick one thing.  Matt and I were down the candy aisle deciding carefully when Andy comes over with an icecream cone, he said "Do you guys want this? It's really good".  I said "what flavor is it"?  He said" ka-wee-wee" (kiwi).  We were like "no that looks disgusting".  He then said, "ya it is and now I can't get anything else, because Mom said just one thing."  Too bad uncle Bernie wasn't around.

Kim:  This is funny only because of how old Kim was at the time.  She must have been at least 12 because she was for sure already in middle school.  She came home from school one day in December and was crying very upset with my mom.  She said "Mom why didn't you tell me Santa wasn't real?"  What?  We could not believe she didn't know Santa wasn't real, I guess we forgot to tell her and assumed year after year that she knew until one day at school her and her friends were talking and Santa was brought up and Kim got really embarassed because they found out that she still believed in Santa.  Poor thing, according to her one of the many traumatizing moments created from being a child without a sibling closer in age to her.  (As I type this out, I realize it sounds more and more like a SNL skit).

Happy April (and May) birthdays!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard . . . I am crying! No kidding! I love you so much Kelroe! Thanks for the flip flops and the family tree picture.

    ReplyDelete